The following rules apply to all participants in the Suzuki Midnight Sun Run
- All participants must start the race on scheduled time.
- Timing will stop three hours after the race starts. Runners arriving to the finishing area after three hours will not get registered time.
- All runners must have their bib number fastened to the front and visible at all times. Runners with no bib number can be expelled.
- The chip has to be fastened to one of the participants shoelaces. NO CHIP – NO TIME.
- Your bib number and chip is registered and valid to your name only. Reykjavík Marathon/Midnight Sun Run reserves the right to disqualify runners using bib number and chip from others.
- A runner who runs other distance than registered for is not a valid participant in the race and will not get registered time.
- The half marathon is open to runners aged 15 and over. The 10 k race is open to runners 12 years and older, younger children should not run the 10 km without good preparation. The 5 k race is open to all age groups. Parents are responsible for their own children.
- Wheelchair participants and those who want to walk with Nordic walking sticks have to stay in the back when the race starts for security reasons and let the runners come first.
- The course is only meant for participants in the race. It is not allowed to follow runners, walking, running or biking. It is the participant’s responsibility to expel their followers.
- No pets are allowed on the course.
- Participants are not allowed to have a baby carriage or a different kind of carriage.
- All participants are kindly asked to study the organization on the start and finishing area and to follow the instructions and other request from the race staff.
- Participants breaking the rules above can be disqualified from the race.