The Laugavegur Ultra Marathon is a 55 km mountain race.
The Laugavegur Ultra Marathon is not meant for walkers but experienced runners that are 18 years old or older can take part. They need to be in a very good physical shape and are able to fulfill the following:
- Have a good running background and be experienced in running off track races for at least 30 km (18.6 miles)
- Know their limitations and are mentally able to help them selfs when needed in difficult circumstances.
- Understand that this race has time limits and a cut off time at four hours by Álftavatn lake cabin (22 km - 13.7 miles) and six hours and 15 minutes by the Emstrur cabin (38 km - 23.6 miles) and train according to that. Click here for further information about the cut-off time.
- Know and understand the importance of appropriate attire and nutrition. For further information read about runners preparation.
- Are willing and able to study and follow the race rules and the race plan.
- Will sign the terms of the race when picking up their race package. Read the terms here.