The next Reykjavik Marathon will take place on August 22d 2009 and we are now open for registrations.
Why run in the Reykjavik Marathon? Well...
- The climate is perfect for marathoning!
- It´s a unique running experience.
- Reykjavik city has some of the cleanest air in the world so you can enjoy a breath of fresh air.
- The course is one of a kind!
- Iceland is not only closer than you think, but far different from what you ever imagined: Approximate flight times to Reykjavik are; from London, 3 hours; from New York, 5 hours 30 minutes; from Los Angeles, 11 hours 30 minutes (via New York); from Toronto, 7 hours 30 minutes (via New York); and from Sydney, 32 hours (via Hong Kong and London).
- The event involves thousands of participants from Iceland and other countries. On the day of the marathon, the annual Reykjavik Culture Night is held in the center of town. The festival, which last the whole day and night nvolves endless possibilities of entertainment and arts ends with a spectacular fireworks show at midnight -and you can not imagine how much we like fireworks in the land (of ice) and fire.