Reykjavik Marathon Íslandsbanka will take place on August 22nd in the centre of Reykjavik. Around 8.000 people pre-registered this year. Registration is also available at the EXPO in Laugardalsholl where race packages are handed out. It is expected that around 11.000 people in total will take part in the event.
Race package with bib number, chip for timing, t-shirt etc. should be picked up on Friday August 21st between 10:00-19:00 hrs in Laugardalshöll Sports Hall, Engjavegur 8, Reykjavik. More information can be found here.
The start and finish line of all distances expect Lazy Town Run are in Lækjargata (by Islandsbanki). The Lazy Town Run will take place in Hljomskalagardur. Press here to see the program of the race day.
The next Reykjavik Marathon will take place on August 22d 2009 and we are now open for registrations.
Why run in the Reykjavik Marathon? Well...
- The climate is perfect for marathoning!
- It´s a unique running experience.
- Reykjavik city has some of the cleanest air in the world so you can enjoy a breath of fresh air.
- The course is one of a kind!
- Iceland is not only closer than you think, but far different from what you ever imagined: Approximate flight times to Reykjavik are; from London, 3 hours; from New York, 5 hours 30 minutes; from Los Angeles, 11 hours 30 minutes (via New York); from Toronto, 7 hours 30 minutes (via New York); and from Sydney, 32 hours (via Hong Kong and London).
- The event involves thousands of participants from Iceland and other countries. On the day of the marathon, the annual Reykjavik Culture Night is held in the center of town. The festival, which last the whole day and night nvolves endless possibilities of entertainment and arts ends with a spectacular fireworks show at midnight -and you can not imagine how much we like fireworks in the land (of ice) and fire.