The 2018 Suzuki Midnight Sun Run took place tonight and this was the 26th race. Elín Edda Sigurðardóttir from Iceland broke the course record in the female 10 km race and a new participation record was also set, 2.857 registrations. Around 1200 international runners from 46 countries took part this year.
Half marathon men
1. Arnar Pétursson, ISL, 01:09:59
2. Marius Skeide Ruth, NOR, 01:10:07
3. Matthew Thomas Wilber, USA, 01:13:42
Half marathon women
1. Andrea Kolbeinsdóttir, ISL, 01:23:51
2. Sigrún Sigurðardóttir, ISL, 01:31:31
3. Anna Karen Jónsdóttir, ISL, 01:33:35
10 km men
1. Rimvydas Alminas, LTU, 33:07
2. Jacob Halloran, CAN, 35:56
3. Alan Hume, GBR, 37:22
10 km women
1. Elín Edda Sigurðardóttir, ISL, 36:19
2. Fionna Fallon, USA, 38:28
3. Agnes Kristjánsdóttir, ISL 40:13
5 km men
1. Þórólfur Ingi Þórsson, ISL, 16:20
2. Vilhjálmur Þór Svansson, ISL, 16:28
3. Vignir Már Lýðsson, ISL, 16:47
5 km women
1. Íris Anna Skúladóttir, ISL, 19:25
2. Vaka Njálsdóttir, ISL, 20:04
3. Hrönn Guðmundsdóttir, ISL, 20:27
Click here to find the results from the 2018 Suzuki Midnight Sun Run.
Photos from the prize ceremony can be found on Facebook. More photos will be added within few days.
The 2018 Suzuki Midnight Sun Run takes place tonight on Thursday, June 21st. On-line registration for the race is now closed but registration will be possible today in Laugardalsholl (big white sports hall), Engjavegur 8, 104 Reykjavik from 16:00 until no later than 45 minutes before the start of each race. Registered runners have to pick up their registration package (number, chip, etc.) at the same place. See location here on a map.
The start times for tonight are following:
21:00 Half marathon starts
21:00 10 km race starts
21:20 5 km race starts
Click here for further information about the program of the race day.
Free admittance to one of the geothermal baths and pools in Reykjavik, Laugardalslaug swimming pool, is included in the entry fee. Runners will find a ticket for the swimming pool in their registration package. The ticket is only valid on June 23rd. Participants can enter the pool until 00:30 and it will be open until 01:00.
At the finish line participants can get Powerade and water to drink. After the race, there will be Mexican food from Culiacan Mexican Grill for sale. Putting some cash or a credit card in your pocket before the race starts is therefore recommended.
Here you can follow live results from the race. Note that these are only preliminary results that are updated every 10 seconds. Official results will be published at midnightrun.is no later than at 2 o’clock after midnight.