The 2017 Laugavegur Ultra Marathon winners are Þorbergur Ingi Jónsson, Iceland, and Arden Young, Canada. The head wind was heavy today but otherwise, conditions were good.
First three male runners
1. Þorbergur Ingi Jónsson, Iceland, 4:13:25
2. Germain Grangier, France, 4:22:17
3. Benoit Branger, France, 4:44:15
Þorbergur Ingi finished on the third best time in the race history he is also the holder of the best and second best time. This was his fourth Laugavegur Ultra Marathon title. Þorbergur Ingi and Gerain Grangier ran together most of the time but at around 40 km Þorbergur took the lead and won the race.
First three female runners:
1. Arden Young, Canada, 5:12:01
2. Elísabet Margeirsdóttir, Iceland, 5:28:15
3. Stina Höglund, Sweden, 5:37:42
Arden Young finished on the third best female time in the race history. The second female, Elísabet Margeirsdóttir, improved her best time on the Laugavegur trail by almost six minutes. This was her 8th Laugavegur Ultra Marathon.